12 Dec Want to Hire an Automotive Marketing Consultant? Read This First
Profit margins continue to shrink and the economic landscape is changing. During these times, car dealerships begin to consider hiring an automotive marketing consultant. Sure, these professionals help kick the sales into high gear and add revenue to the bottom line, but are they worth it?
The trouble is that everyone claims to be an advertising expert these days. With all of the self-proclaimed marketers, it’s challenging to figure out who will bring results. Before you hire a car dealership marketing consultant, there are some things you must consider.
Let’s look at what the automotive consultant does, the benefits of hiring one and how to get started.
What Does an Automotive Consultant Do?
The marketing consultant takes the advertising process off-site. Instead of utilizing your in-house staff, you will rely on a third-party instead. When you hire an automotive marketer, you have several advantages over the competition.
Benefits of Hiring an Automotive Consultant
While the list of benefits is endless, here are some of the most important.
- Creative ideas – the advertising agency has been around the industry long enough to know the most creative pathways to success.
- Market research – digital advertisers have already performed the market research and know how to align the strategy to reach your goals.
- Saves time – since your employees won’t be busy with marketing, they can focus time on making sales.
- Turnover doesn’t matter – if you dedicate an employee to your marketing campaigns, you are left hanging if they leave the company.
Disadvantages of Hiring an Automotive Marketing Consultant
While there are a lot of advantages, you have to look at the downside of hiring the wrong team to help.
- Lacks time – some companies don’t have the time to devote to your campaign.
- Not creative –some agencies don’t innovate and change strategies, but instead, stick to one course of action, that isn’t guaranteed to work for everyone.
- Not aligned with your business goals – not every company cares about your business goals and might not put forth the appropriate effort.
- Doesn’t go the extra mile – because you pay for the contract, not based on success, you might gain an unmotivated team.
- Costly – you will have to pay a premium to work with a reliable automotive marketer.
Before You Hire an Automotive Marketing Agency
We believe that having an experienced automotive consultant is the key to success, but you have to evaluate your options carefully. Some agencies are just out to steal your money. On top of that, you don’t want to fall victim to the ploy of various courses. Many digital marketing courses are also a scam. You don’t need to pay for a class and you should be able to find a reputable agency to help you achieve your goals.
Before you decide who to hire, you want to evaluate your needs. Look at the following criteria to ensure you are ready for some outside help.
If you fit into one of these categories, it’s time to find an automotive marketing consultant.
- You have tried everything and see no additional success.
- The business has some solid objectives and goals to reach.
- You understand your business strategy but are willing to be flexible on how to get there.
- You have the resources and time to supervise the consultant’s plans.
If you determine that the time is right for an automotive marketing agency, we have some tips to help you find the company that’s perfect for you.
Questions to Ask an Automotive Marketing Agency
The best way to find an automotive consultant is to get a referral from someone else in the industry. If someone you trust is already using an agency and is happy, you will probably receive similar results. If you don’t know someone that can offer a referral, you need to do your own research.
Start by checking the company’s reviews and look for testimonials. You can also ask the agency for references. Most importantly, you want to ask the right questions. Here are a few to get you started.
- Can you show me results from a similar dealership to mine?
- How would you market my establishment?
- What kind of experience do you have?
- How long has your agency been in business and how many customers have you served?
- How do you measure success?
- Do you offer just one service or customizable options?
- How much of your work is outsourced?
- How much time do you have to invest in my company?
- Do I need to sign a contract?
- Have you built brands before?
- What are the three factors that make your agency successful?
- If I have a problem, how will it be handled?
- Do you try out new ideas?
- How long will it be before I see progress?
Most importantly, you want to work with a company that meets your goals. If you simply need a website built, it might not make sense to go with a comprehensive advertising agency, but rather choose someone dedicated to websites. If, on the other hand, you would rather have someone handle all of your advertising needs, you want to ensure the company provides those services.
We Want to be Your Automotive Marketing Consultant
At AimLogic, we have the experience you need to gain success. We only work with automotive dealerships, so we understand the industry completely. Whether you want help with your social media marketing or email campaigns, we have the tools that will set you apart.
As the year comes to an end, it’s time to evaluate your current advertising strategy to see if you need additional support. When you hire us as your advertising team, you gain a dedicated team member. We align our plan with your goals to ensure your happiness.
As we walk down this path together, you will find that we consistently add innovative products and services to ensure we hit every audience. Our comprehensive services are designed to reach places that your competition doesn’t go. Don’t trust your success with a company that is afraid of new technology. It’s time to skyrocket past the other dealerships in your area. Contact us today for your consultation.